Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back from the flu

Vacation was scheduled last week. I got hit with the flu Monday through Wednesday. I was miserable, right in the middle of me complaining about the flu, swine flu came and stole my thunder.

Tuesday was so beautiful, I ditched after-school for the first time in a long time in order worked on the outdoor kitchen. We have three out of six apple trees that look like they are going to produce a couple of apples this year, as well as the new cherry, pear, and plum trees. All trees look healthy despite their cramped living conditions. I've been leaving my seedlings outside for the past two weeks, and they have miraculously turned the corner into viable plants. We planted the asparagus, potatoes white grapes for the first time this year and I even found some cranberries thriving where I had long since given them up for dead. Now I feel like I'm name dropping vegetables.

No comments: