Friday, August 7, 2009

Being sucked in...

I don't want to join a social networking site, but I can feel myself being sucked in. Sometimes, I feel like playing a word game. I am truly interested in finding out what happened to some people. I blame it on watching Stand By Me. The final five minutes of him writing about the friends from second grade being the best friends of his life got me nostalgic. Now I really am curious about the people what sat around me in lunch that year. Of course, I think my favorite thing about school that year was ketchup.

I also want to see more baby pictures, oddly enough. My niece is pretty mobile now, and probably getting into everything, and I could see more of it on facebook. This month, I;m making a resolution to give facebook a go. We also got pictures of Lila from Jersey who is now mobile, and I can't wait to read a haggard figs' updates.

On a completely related nostalgia subject, I sat down to watch Stand By Me, but I ended up sitting through The Evil Dead II. It's classic Bruce Campbell in a classic Grotesque. Things that I remembered: a shotgun, a chain-saw, buckets of red syrup, Bruce Campbell enjoying soap opera lines, plenty of three stooges humor. Something I forgot, an extended corpse dancing scene, I fast forwarded through most of the dance macabre. THe overall movie was as good as I remembered, even better.

No comments: